Saturday, February 28, 2009

80's Flashback

Our ward had an Awesome 80's Party and I think I enjoyed myself a little too much! We got all decked out with miss match shoes, gold chains, blue eye shadow, big hair and bandanna's. Superman even joined us for the evening. There was Karaoke for the brave. Katie got up and sang Surfin' USA. She did a great job singing the words that she knew. Olivia got stage fright at the last minute and stood in the background. And when we left she had a melt down because she didn't get to sing. I felt really bad-maybe at the next party. But Kate really enjoyed sharing the spotlight with Elyse!Jackson and Daddy-O getting their groove on!!Dude!Amber (aka Punky Brewster) and Roegan.Stephanie the mastermind of the Party!
Karen, Heather, Jen, Sheryl
Monica and Jocelyn
There was some really awesome 80's gear tonight. I have to say I don't exactly love the 80's look, but I really do still like the music!

When we got home Olivia asked me "what is that blue stuff on your eyes? Does it come off?" Thankfully, yes!

Kate just might be an 80's style child-she told me I looked really cute and she liked my hair. "It's cute Mom, it's cute!" Or, she didn't want to hurt my feelings!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had "A Blast!" And I love those Shoes Heather!
Miss you guys

Johnsons Away said...

That was one of the best ward parties I've been too. I'm so glad it was a success.

PixiesAndPrincesses said...

You looked great!! So did your husband. He wore juast about the same thing mine did! I didn't think mine looked all that 80'sish till I saw John and then I thought, yup, i guess he does! LOL!

Jill said...

You look great!!! How dang fun, that's hilarious :)