Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hermie the Crab

While I was in Cayucos I found a great little spot to do some beach combing. There were tons of little shells and all kinds of coral. I decided to bring some shells home for my kids. And I later found out one of the shells had a creature living inside. A hermit crab. The kids named it Hermie, he enjoyed one meal of fresh clams (which I found and we cracked open) and then unfortanely I found him dead the next morning. Luckily the kids weren't too devestated. I prepped them for the event as I knew it would be soon.

Jackson was okay with it, until it began to crawl. You can see the fear on his little face as he was scooting to get away from it. Later they became friends.

As you can see Olivia and Katie really liked their new friend Hermie.

No comments: